In year 8 of high school I had a best friend and we were very close at the time. I had no clue about LGBTQ+ stuff until one day, whilst we were at her house, she full on made out with me and this is where I would presume that you would think “What the heck is going on?” Well I just went along with it and to be truthful I did enjoy it a lot! Then when I was 15 years old I came out as a lesbian but secretly I wasn’t sure if I was or not but I went along with that… Then after looking in LGBTQ+ stuff more I finally identified myself as pan sexual, which means that you don’t rely on the person’s gender, but their personality, which is literally me! And my advice to everyone is to explore! Don’t be afraid of exploring who you are. And also people who suffer from difficulties around mental health – I know it’s hard, take it from someone who knows, but take your time, go at your own speed and don’t overthink the situation! And one more thing from me – don’t feel like you’re suffering alone!
- ‘You Gotta Give ‘Em Hope’: Harvey Milk Day meets Mental Health Awareness Week
- You are Not Powerless: Hope for IDAHOBIT 2020
- ‘Go For Ones That Stand Out’: An Interview with a Q42 Gardener
- ‘Free Expression is Honestly such a Good Thing’: A Q42 Artist’s Reflection
- Connected while Isolated Part 2: You are Valid